Austin Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Our Clients
Brodie Animal Hospital provides these pet resources for information only. We are not affiliated with nor do we specifically recommend these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
Local Adoption Agencies and Rescue Organizations
We at Brodie Animal Hospital strongly encourage adopting pets through local shelters and animal rescue organizations rather than buying your pets from a pet store or a breeder that may not be practicing responsible breeding habits. Adopting a pet helps reduce the number of pets that are euthanized in shelters every year. If you choose to purchase a pet from a breeder, we advise you to visit the premises where they are housed. Do not buy a pet from a breeder that will not let you see the environment in which they are keeping their puppies and kittens–it is your right to know what conditions your future pet was born into. In recent months, the plight of dogs and puppies kept and bred in puppy mills has been brought to the nation’s attention.
- Austin Humane Society
- Austin Animal Center
- Austin Pet’s Alive
- Austin Dog Rescue
- Paws of Austin
- Wee Rescue
- Siamese Rescue
- Gold Ribbon Rescue
- Blue Dog Rescue
Pet Health, Behavior & Info Sites
- Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pet Health Network – Find a breadth of health answers about your pet.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Pet Health Insurance Buyer's Guide - ASPCA's pet insurance buying guide.
- APHIS Pet Travel – USDA's information on domestic and international pet travel.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pet parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- CDC Rabies Information - Everything you need to know about the rabies virus.
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases - Learn about the risks of diseases people get from animals.
- Rainbow Bridge – A grief support community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.
- American Kennel Club
- Dog Owner's Guide – A nice starter guide of things to consider when thinking about getting a puppy.
- International Cat Care - Resources, support and advice that help you better care for your cats.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection and adoption of all animals.
- Southern Veterinary Partners
Discover the Benefits of a Cat Friendly Practice
Brodie Animal Hospital has been certified as a Cat Friendly Practice achieving the highest standard: Gold Level!
Book an Appointment Here!